In life, we are all likely to suffer broken hearts from time to time. Although we may not like it, relationships naturally end, and we must admit to ourselves when things are not working to move on. Coping with a broken heart can be very difficult and requires a lot of mental strength, but ultimately is something that can make us stronger and more aware of ourselves and what we need to get by. Appreciating what we had and the fact that it has passed is also essential, just as seeking a sense of closure is essential.
What Happens When Relationships End
At the end of a relationship, we can feel many different emotions, which can be hard to process. We may feel confused and hurt, unable to comprehend or understand what went wrong, guilty, or angry. Any emotion felt is a valid response to a situation that torments the mind and causes you to feel a lot of pain. Sometimes we feel fear and anxiety about the consequences of the end of the relationship – how this will affect other associations and the way we find meaning in our lives. It is important to remember that this is not the end of anything but the relationship and that everything else is still up for grabs – the end of our relationships may hurt, but it will not ruin us, for we still have ourselves.
Difficulties You May Face
There are many aspects of broken-heartedness that make it a challenging experience to handle.
- We must learn to accept and consequently cope with these if we wish to move on.
- Processing emotions healthily is vitally important to this process of moving on.
- We must learn to view what is happening and move past it.
- Sometimes we feel as though there may be no way out or have some sense of responsibility or guilt towards a particular situation, but what is done cannot be changed and moving forward is a preferable option.
How to Help Ourselves Through A Broken Heart
There are several actions you can take to aid yourself in situations with broken hearts.
- It helps to engage in relaxing and calming activities that you enjoy, allowing yourself to experience positive emotions such as fun and excitement.
- It also helps to have a positive support network around you, whether friends or family, who will listen and hear your thoughts on the matter with kindness and empathy.
These are tools that will improve our state of mind and improve our sense of happiness in the time to follow.
The guided meditation technique allows us to experience greater self-knowledge and self-esteem, which can be very important in coping with a breakup. Learning more about ourselves and our emotional foundation can be very important in developing healthy coping mechanisms and growing so that you can flourish both without people and with them too. Therefore guided meditation is an essential skill to have during periods of heartbreak.